Monday 3 February 2014

Hello again

I hope my last blog gave you something to think about

There are many different reasons for experimentation with drugs. Some reasons are curiosity, peer pressure, relieve stress, anxiety or depression.

Most of the sites that I have been onto, in my opinion, seem to see use of drugs be they recreational or prescription is okay as long as it is not causing problems at work, home, school etc.

I totally disagree with this kind of thinking. Signs of problems does not indicate addiction, once again in my opinion and I am not medically qualified, but I am a mother of a substance abuser and I have watched him deteriorate over a period of 15 years. I think this qualifies me to state my opinion. The definition of addiction is when you cannot live without it. If you need something to make you “have a good time”, distress or handle anxiety, then you have a problem.


Read more in my next blog ……..

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any suggestions that can help others in the same situation as us, please feel free to place it, Remember to be compassionate as we are all feeling desperate in our need for help.